Monday, May 12, 2014

The Week in Bentos - May 05 : May 09 2014

Did you all have a good weekend ? Was it filled to the brim with fun activities for the entire family, or did you finally get to relax for a bit and unwind from a week's worth of stress and busyness ? Did you celebrate the mothers in your lives and if you are a mother, did you get to spend the day in a special way ?
I went out to lunch with my guys and had fun chatting and eating good food ! By the way, did you know that Mother's Day was first celebrated way back in 1908 when a woman named Anna Jarvis held a memorial for her mother, who had been a peace activist and had nursed wounded soldiers in the Civil war. Anna wanted to honor her mother and mothers around the world because " [a mother ] is the one person who has done more for you than any one else in the world !" Isn't that a lovely thought ? Maybe I am biased, but I think mothers are the loveliest of beings in this world :)
On other mundane matters, I am slightly late with last week's post. Here are the lunches that we made :

IMAG1522 
On Monday, we had an odd mix of items for lunch. I made some chow mein noodles and a pancake sandwich with peanut butter and jelly, apple slices and a chocolate chip cookie.

IMAG1525 
On Tuesday, I made dosa rollups ( rice and lentil crepes, slathered with PB and grape jelly), cheese crackers, carrot sticks and apple slices.

IMAG1526 
On Wednesday, lunch consisted of avocado sandwiches, olives and strawberries.

On Thursday, I made Mac and Cheese and paired it up with a side container of apples and strawberries.
I didnt have time to take a picture ! 

IMAG1528 
On Friday, I made cheese toasts, with whole wheat bread slices, tomato ketchup, sliced olives and cheddar cheese, apples and strawberries and a sandwich cookie.

LG7 has started playing basketball and I have to start increasing the calories he consumes, both quantity and quality..Hopefully the lunches in the coming weeks will reflect that ! Check back in !

Have a great week and keep packing those nutritious lunches :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!